Before you come in for your lashes, there are a few things you need to do.
1. Remove all eye-make up before you come in for your appointment. Be sure to use an oil free, water based make-up remover.
2. Remove contact lenses.
3. Bring your favourite music on your Mp3 player to listen to through your headphones.
4. Do not curl your natural lashes before you come in for your appointment.
5. Visit the washroom upon arrival. Your visit will be between 1 & 2.5 Hours long without a break.
6. Turn off your cell phone.
7. Remind us to take your Before Pictures.
8. Lay back, Relax and Get EXCITED… your going to LOVE your new lashes!
Contraindications… Reasons Eyelash Extensions may not be for you.
1. Eye infections or conditions such as, but not limited to Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis), Itchiness or Scaly Lids (Ciliary Madarosis).*
2. Eyelash Mites (Demodex folliculorum & Demodex brevis).*
3. Untreated or not under control Hypothyroidism as this can cause premature lash loss.*
4. Trichotillomania – Compulsive pulling out of your eyelashes.*
5. Recent Chemotherapy or Radiation Treatment.
6. Hypersensitivity – Undesirable reactions produced by the normal immune system, including allergies and autoimmunity.
* We will refer you back to your regular physician or optometrist if any of the above is suspected.
Keep your lashes looking fabulous and long lasting by following these After Care Instructions.
✓ Do not use saunas, hot tubs or swimming pools for the first 48 hours. This will compromise the adhesive.
✓ Use oil free products, especially oil free make-up remover!
✓ Sleep on a silk pillow case to avoid sleeping on your face.
✓ Do not use Q-tips, cotton balls or cheap cotton pads to clean your lashes. Lint may stick to your lashes.
✓ Do not use regular crimping eyelash curlers. They will damage your natural lash and can break the extension. If you do want to use one, we suggest and offer a heated eyelash curler.
✓ Wash lashes at LEAST 3 times a week. This prevents infection due to bacteria buildup, improves lash retention between fills, and makes for better attachment during the lash fill.
✓ Avoid rubbing or touching your eyes or lashes. NEVER pick off your lashes! If you want them removed, please speak to a lash technician and have them professionally removed.
✓ Ideally, apply a sealant every 3 days to prolong the life of your lashes and to give them a dark, glossy sheen.
✓ No mascara is needed any more. Using mascara will compromise the glue which will weaken the extension. Should you still desire to use mascara, we do offer one that works great with your lash extensions.
✓ The retention of your lashes between fills is dependent on your home care routine. Be good to your lashes and they will be good to you!
After Care Solutions – Available for purchase from our Lash Technicians.